How to Select Your Christmas Gifts? Some Tips
It is Christmas time again! The time for giving, forgiving, reconciliation, love and sharing has come again. It is also the time for preparing for the traditions and festivities. The tradition of Christmas Gifts brings in along with it quite a big bundle of headaches! How to select the right gift for each and everyone?
- It is a must that by now your List of presents be ready. Firstly it is your immediate family. If any loved one is not able to come home for Christmas, make a special note. Their gifts along with other goodies should be dispatched early so that they will not feel neglected. For the Father and Mother in retirement, what could be better than being with the children enjoying the seasonal fun? Check what is best needed to make their life a bit easier. If they read books these would be ideal gifts. For those who can afford it, Amazon Kindle is a good gift idea. If you ask people what they want, chances are they won’t tell you. So observe them for a while. It might give you a clue as to what is best for them. Personalize the gifts with messages of love and appreciation which will enliven their days.
- For the Father of the House, the mother can express her love through a gift which she would perhaps personalize. She can make it herself. He certainly would not like it if it is expensive. He will look for something which says that you still care for him! Toiletries, Cuff links, Ties, wristwatches, with a little personalized message could say volumes.
- For the mother of the house it is easy to find a gift. Women appreciate the thoughts of love associated with the gift as much as the gift itself. (Exclude Diamonds, Pearls, Gold and such!) Seriously, they are choosy and do not want the repeat of a recent gift. They do prefer personalized gifts from her loved ones. Check whether any gift, such as a new refrigerator, Cooker or a utility item would make her life easier. She would appreciate it. If you cannot afford it, a simple personalized item such as a Cookery Book with a hand written message expressing your love and appreciation would be appreciated. Of course the market is full of ready made Christmas Gifts, such as hand bags, shoes, wallets, wrist watches, jewelry, make up, toiletries etc. if you are inclined that way. But keep in mind that for your lady in the house it is the thought behind the Christmas gift and the way it is presented which matters most.
- Kids of the house are the ones who look forward to the Holiday Season and enjoy it most. Least of the fun won’t be gifts from the grand Parents, Mom and Dad, from older siblings and of course Santa himself.
- Some kids prefer good old traditional fun gifts which cater to their active lives of playing, running about and letting their imaginations runaway. Girls would cherish Kitchen sets, Picnic play sets, tea sets which would allow them to emulate the mother of the house. The boys would appreciate toy sports kits, Play Houses etc. Both would appreciate painting kits, which let them express their personalities.
- Some kids love Christmas gifts which allow them to interact with their elders, which would in turn draw their attention to the kids. For them there are board games, train sets, and books on topics.Do not forget your kids are born into an age of Electronics, Space Travel and Virtual reality. It is inevitable they would be drawn into these things at a very early stage in life. If you want to encourage them along these lines do not go for expensive, fragile items which the kids cannot look after. There are specialized computers and other gadgetry meant for kids. Go ahead and select them.Kids would also appreciate mechatronic gadgetry such as Robots, Transformers, Kung Fu Pandas etc. fruits of commercialization and media blitz. If you can afford them, gift them to your kids and watch their young faces bloom!
- Selecting Christmas Gifts for adolescents is a daunting task. Moody and Choosy, they prefer to make their own decisions. Trendy cloths, Denims, shoes, mobile phones, and music players and computers are good gift ideas. Gift Vouchers too are not to be discounted.
- For the Business associates and Professionals who are in a bracket of income perhaps some people cannot match, trying to buy expensive Christmas Gifts is not always wise. Simple gifts such as cuff links, money clips, business card holder, book ends, novel pen holders and desk clockswould make good Christmas Gift Ideas.
Again in this festival season of good will and sharing what matters most is the thought behind each Christmas Gift. Consider it only as a part of the larger message of Love and Peace on Earth for humankind.