Handmade Ornaments for Christmas
With the introduction of handmade ornaments, the style of celebrating Christmas around the world has now become even more wonderful and lively. Use of such ornaments has become very common in all the income classes within a society.
The most commonly and widely used Christmas ornaments are as follows:
- Quilted Ornaments – These are each handmade with small balls covered with layers of pieces of various fabric and ribbons. These are normally very affordable yet a wonderful addition to the whole Christmas looks.
- Balls/Bulbs – Different balls are available, which are handmade with a very soothing effect when combined with other ornaments. Most common are the Styrofoam balls covered, mixed or accented with ribbons, fabric, stickers, beads, tassels, etc.
- Kimekomi Ornaments – A Japanese art of making items like dolls and, much common, handballs. It gives color and variety to the whole look.
- Candy Ornaments – One of the most widely sold handmade ornaments is the Candy gift/ornament, which is normally a small ball wrapped with colorful glitter and glass candy cane. These might also be covered in peppermint bars, gingerbread cookies and candy cane stripes.
- Music Ornaments – “Jingle Bells” is a famous glittering gold music ornament. The main theme of this particular ornament is that it is surrounded by lyrics and musical notes of the famous song, ‘Jingle Bells’. It is wrapped with tiny and eye-catching gold beads, with different layers of fabric that are sewn together, and to give a complete finished look, its covered with a light layer of glitter, gold/silver jingle bells hanging from the above, with tiny little colorful flowers.
- Snowflakes – Hand-crocheted snowflakes also have a high demand during the Christmas season. These are normally designed with needles, pearls, ribbons, beads, hanger, sugar, glitter, etc.
- Snowmen – One of the ornaments that have the highest demand are the beautifully hand-crafted snowmen, which are usually hand-painted as well and designed with colorful ribbons, glitter, beads etc.
Other handmade Christmas ornaments include feather ornaments, beach ornaments, flurry ornaments, gift boxes, Christmas trees, Christmas bells, photo ornaments, etc. These all have a high demand when the Christmas season rolls over, mainly due to the real and natural effect that it gives when combined with other decorations.